Swim Team News:
The Waves board has been meeting in preparation for the 2020 swim season. However, based on the current situation we are holding off on opening registration until it becomes clear there will indeed be a 2020 season. This will save, both swim families and the team, the hassles of reimbursement should the season be cancelled. Below is the most recent message from the league.
Please call us and we will try to answer any questions you may have . . .
Key Dates for the 2020 summer season:
- May 11th - 1st Day of Practice
- May 21st - Practice Meet - 5:30pm warm-up; 6:00pm start at the Richland Pool
- May 28th - Meet 1 vs. Berkshire (Home Meet)
- May 29th - Picture Day
- June 4th - Meet 2 vs. Steeple Station (Home Meet)
- June 11th - Meet 3 vs. Youth Swimming (Away Meet)
- June 18th - Meet 4 vs. Hidden Falls (Away Meet)
- June 25th - Meet 5 vs. Maple Ridge (Home Meet)
- June 29th - Meet 6 vs. Rivershyre (Away Meet)
- July 11th & 12th - County Meet @ Georgia Tech
Welcome to the Waves!
Welcome to the Richland Waves Summer Swim Team. We are excited about the upcoming season. Here are a few key points to get everything started smoothly.
- Practice starts on Monday 5/11/2020
- These practices are for athletes who can swim the length of the pool by themselves. Afternoon practice times will be as follows:
- High School practice is from 3:00 – 4:30
- Elementary School practice is from 4:30 – 5:15
- Middle School practice is from 5:15 – 6:00
- No Practice on 5/22 and 5/25 for Memorial Day Weekend.
- Practices are Monday through Friday
- Morning practices will start on 5/26. The schedule will be updated on the website as soon as we receive it from the GCSL. Morning practice times will be as follows:
- 11-12 year olds practice from: 8:00-8:45am
- 13-14 & 15-18 year olds practice from 8:45-9:45am
- 7-8 & 9-10 year olds practice from 9:45-10:30am
- 6 & under and Bubbles practice from 10:30-11:00am
- What to Bring
- Please wear tennis shoes and gym clothes over their swimsuit to the first week of practice. The coaches may elect to do dryland activities.
- Swim Cap
- Bubble’s – Learn to swim group
- Bubbles practice will start on 5/26 at 10:30am
- If you are unsure if your child can swim the length of the pool please bring your athlete to practice on Wednesday 5/13 for an evaluation.
- New Swimmers
- If you have a new swimmer to the Richland Waves please bring a copy of your athlete’s birth certificate to the first practice you attend. Your child will not be allowed to compete in a meet until this has been received.
- A Parent Meeting will take place on Wednesday
May 13th at 5:20.
- This will be an informal meeting to answer any questions. This is mainly directed towards parents new to our swim team.
- Please sign up for “Rain-Out” by texting “waves”
- This is how we will announce last minute changes to practices and meets.