Meet & Greet/ Swim Suit Fitting
You may not be thinking about summer yet but we are planning for a great summer swim season! We wanted to share some good news:
- Coach Anna will be back this summer and is looking forward to working with all of your swimmers again.
- We also wanted to let you know that registration for summer swim will be online again this year.
We will have a Meet & Greet and Swim Suit Fitting at the Richland Clubhouse on March 22nd from 3:00 until 5:00 pm. We will be available to answer any questions especially for new swim families so please send them our way. If your swimmer needs a new swim suit, we will have swim suit fittings available.
Key Dates for the 2020 summer season:
- May 11th - 1st Day of Practice
- May 21st - Practice Meet - 5:30pm warm-up; 6:00pm start at the Richland Pool
- May 28th - Meet 1
- May 29th - Picture Day
- June 4th - Meet 2
- June 11th - Meet 3
- June 18th - Meet 4
- June 25th - Meet 5
- June 29th - Meet 6
- July 11th & 12th - County Meet @ Georgia Tech
Welcome to the Waves!
Welcome to the Richland Waves Summer Swim Team. We are excited about the upcoming season. Here are a few key points to get everything started smoothly.
- Practice starts on next Monday 5/11/19
- These practices are for athletes who can swim the length of the pool by themselves.
- High School practice is from 3:00 – 4:30
- Elementary School practice is from 4:30 – 5:15
- Middle School practice is from 5:15 – 6:00
- No Practice on 5/22 and 5/25 for Memorial Day Weekend.
- Practices are Monday through Friday
- Morning practices will start on 5/26th. The schedule will be updated on the website as soon as we receive it from the GCSL.
- What to Bring
- Please wear tennis shoes and gym clothes over their swimsuit to the first week of practice. The coaches may elect to do dryland activities.
- Swim Cap
- Bubble’s – Learn to swim group
- Bubbles practice will start on 5/26th at 10:30am
- If you are unsure if your child can swim the length of the pool please bring your athlete to practice on Wednesday 5/13 for an evaluation.
- New Swimmers
- If you have a new swimmer to the Richland Waves please bring a copy of your athlete’s birth certificate to the first practice you attend. Your child will not be allowed to compete in a meet until this has been received.
- A Parent Meeting will take place on Wednesday
May 13th at 5:20.
- This will be an informal meeting to answer any questions. This is mainly directed towards parents new to our swim team.
- Please sign up for “Rain-Out” by texting “waves”
- This is how we will announce last minute changes to practices and meets.