Key Dates for the 2019 summer season:
- May 13th - 1st Day of Practice
- May 22nd - Practice Meet - 5:30pm warm-up; 6:00pm start at the Richland Pool
- May 30th - Meet 1- Home vs. Rivershyre WIN!!
- May 31st - Picture Day
- June 6th - Meet 2 - Away vs. Berkshire WIN!!
- June 13th - Meet 3 - Away vs. Steeple Station Close loss
- June 20th - Meet 4 - Away vs. Edinburgh WIN!!
- June 27th - Meet 5 - Home vs. Apalachee Aquatics WIN!!
- July 1st - Meet 6 - Home vs. Hidden Falls WIN!!
- July 13th & 14th - County Meet @ Georgia Tech
Simple formatted text
Welcome to the Waves!
Welcome to the Richland Waves Summer Swim Team. We are excited about the upcoming season. Here are a few key points to get everything started smoothly.
- Practice starts on next Monday 5/13/19
- These practices are for athletes who can swim the length of the pool by themselves.
- High School practice is from 3:00 – 4:30
- Elementary School practice is from 4:30 – 5:15
- Middle School practice is from 5:15 – 6:00
- No Practice on 5/24 and 5/27 for Memorial Day Weekend.
- Practices are Monday through Friday
- Morning practices will start on 5/28. The schedule is currently on the website. We will send that schedule out as we get closer to summer.
- What to Bring
- Please wear tennis shoes and gym clothes over their swimsuit to the first week of practice. The coaches may elect to do dryland activities.
- Swim Cap
- Bubble’s – Learn to swim group
- Bubbles practice will start on 5/28 at 10:30am
- If you are unsure if your child can swim the length of the pool please bring your athlete to practice on Wednesday 5/15 for an evaluation.
- New Swimmers
- If you have a new swimmer to the Richland Waves please bring a copy of your athlete’s birth certificate to the first practice you attend. Your child will not be allowed to compete in a meet until this has been received.
- A Parent Meeting will take place on Wednesday
May 15th at 5:20.
- This will be an informal meeting to answer any questions. This is mainly directed towards parents new to our swim team.
- Please sign up for “Rain-Out” by texting “waves”
- This is how we will announce last minute changes to practices and meets.
- Practice Meet has been moved to Wednesday May 22nd this season.
See you Monday.
Simple formatted text